January 21, 2019, 07:27:24 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Man am I livid.....  (Read 3634 times)
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

I just got my electric bill for January, and it's almost $200.  For a 700 square foot apartment.  That's fucking absurd.

Of course, I go to call our provider, Pepco, and they have no customer service staff over the weekends.

The bottom of the bill lists usage hours for a whole year. Last January was 610, this month was 1170.  I keep my heat at 62 and don't run appliances for long, something isn't right here.  This is almost double what I should be paying.

$200 fucking dollars.  grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »

I just got my electric bill for January, and it's almost $200.  For a 700 square foot apartment.  That's fucking absurd.

Of course, I go to call our provider, Pepco, and they have no customer service staff over the weekends.

The bottom of the bill lists usage hours for a whole year. Last January was 610, this month was 1170.  I keep my heat at 62 and don't run appliances for long, something isn't right here.  This is almost double what I should be paying.

$200 fucking dollars.  grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth grindteeth
I would be pissed too.  Ask for them to come out and read your meter again

Welcome to My HELL
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:43:10 PM »

It was off last month too, but I figured it was maybe something for that month.

Both December 08 and January 09 are twice what they should be.  Something's not right.  No
Lynneaus
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 01:53:53 PM »

it could be that the price went up....  compare the nov and jan bill to see if the rate when up for stuff....

and like stan said have them come out and do a meter reading... perhaps something is broken
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »

I would be fine if the prices went up, but according to the bill I used twice as much KWH of power than I did last year.  Which I can attest is no way the case.

Gonna call first thing on Monday.
Claymore
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »

If I told you what ours was, you'd shit a kitten.  lol

Hot tub, etc. Fuggetaboutit.
The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 08:57:37 PM »

62 degrees? Whoa I live in a house, my thermostat is set at 69 & my Pepco bill was only $177.

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

62 degrees? Whoa I live in a house, my thermostat is set at 69 & my Pepco bill was only $177.

Yeah, that sounds right for the size of a house, not someplace this small. 

After some internet research I'm thinking this is either

1.  the gauges they use to make the bills are in drastic need of recallibration
2.  Someone else is ripping off my power and getting theirs for free
3.  they have two addresses on one bill for whatever reason (Pepco once canceled me when my neighbor moved out and canceled their service).

I'm still furious though.
The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 11:24:00 AM »

Yeah, that sounds right for the size of a house, not someplace this small. 

After some internet research I'm thinking this is either

1.  the gauges they use to make the bills are in drastic need of recallibration
2.  Someone else is ripping off my power and getting theirs for free
3.  they have two addresses on one bill for whatever reason (Pepco once canceled me when my neighbor moved out and canceled their service).

I'm still furious though.

I actually made a boo-boo there (Damn Leffe Blond!) my house is gas heated & my Washington Gas bill was $177.

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
MetalShock
Metal King

There is only ONE Nation, the Raider Nation!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »

If I told you what ours was, you'd shit a kitten.  lol

Hot tub, etc. Fuggetaboutit.

I feel ya.  Hell, I'll tell you what ours is.... ranges between $265.00 to $321.00 per month [the $321.00 is the summer].  Plus we have Oil Heat which runs $191.00 month, and lastly we fill our propane tank once a year and that runs about $425.00 a year  cryingeyesout  In other words... I'm friggin broke

SMOKED OUT
You will make it up to me, you will make amends.  We will not be family, and we can not be friends.
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »

I've lived in this apartment now for over 4 years and until these last two months, have NEVER had a bill over $100.  That's why getting two in a row nearly double that is so.....................obviously incorrect.
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:25 AM »

I just spent 45 minutes on hold for Pepco to basically insinuate that this is my problem and that it's something wrong with how I'm using my heat.  Apparently, because a lot of people call and complain about bills in the winter, it means they can double charge people and hope to get away with it.  Still, they are sending someone over to re-read the meter on Friday.

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »

I just spent 45 minutes on hold for Pepco to basically insinuate that this is my problem and that it's something wrong with how I'm using my heat.  Apparently, because a lot of people call and complain about bills in the winter, it means they can double charge people and hope to get away with it.  Still, they are sending someone over to re-read the meter on Friday.

grindteeth

Welcome to My HELL
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:33 AM »

grindteeth

Seriously.

It takes a lot for me to genuinely be pissed, and I'm fucking PISSED.   grindteeth
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 08:03:45 AM »

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Business/Detail?contentId=8338961&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=4.4.1

It's not just me, it's a lot of folks who have Pepco.  I spoke with neighbors in my complex that have had similar experiences.  So, it's nice to know it's not just me.  There's still something terribly wrong though.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 19 queries.