January 22, 2019, 11:53:25 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Adrian "The Energizer" Bromley  (Read 76254 times)
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »

http://www.bravewords.com/news/102424

My friend, I mourn your passing, yet rejoice in your life and your memory.  You lived more in 37 years than most would live in 80.  May you find peace.
Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »

R.I.P. buddy  Sad

Didn't expect to read this first thing today... I'm speechless right now.
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 01:46:16 PM »

He will be missed greatly.   Sad

I had the pleasure of working closely with him with Unrestrained! for a number of years.  He was always fun to work with and his enthusiasm was unmatched.  He helped me realize a few of my dreams, I learned about many great bands and I met lot of really great people I consider good friends through him.  But above all that, he was a great person.  Always there when you need him.  Always upbeat and cheerful.  Always........ Adrian.  There was nobody like him.

The world would be a better place if there were more people like him around so his passing really hits hard.  My thoughts go out to the Bromley family, the friends he's made and especially to Renee.  Since they met, he's been happier than I'd ever seen him be.  This is a tremendous loss.

To Adrian, you will never be forgotten.  cheers
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »

I am finding hard the words right now to say about the loss of a great friend Adrian. Maybe with a little time I can gather my thoughts better, but suffice to say the metal world lost a giant yesterday and I lost a close friend. My heart is broken and I am devastated at this news of Adrian's passing. 37 is too young to die. He had so much to look forward too, with his upcoming marriage to the love of his life Renee. Adrian, I love you big guy and will miss you tremendously.  Thank you for always being there for me when I needed a friend.  There will never be another like you.  We often joke about people being original and breaking the mold after they made them, but it was true about you.  There has never been another like you and never will again.  cryingeyesout
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:11:05 PM by Venom » Logged

Welcome to My HELL
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:50:06 PM »

I only met him once and he seemed like a wonderful person, I will certainly miss him.  Sad
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 02:06:31 PM »

I only met him once and he seemed like a wonderful person, I will certainly miss him.  Sad

That's all you needed.  You only needed to meet him once. 

His personality was totally infectious.  I will miss him.  cryingeyesout cryingeyesout

Still waiting for my new life to begin......
anti nowhere punk
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 02:10:11 PM »

I feel like Ive been kicked in the guts, far too young..

Boring...
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »

What I posted on the other board...

The Bromley Chainsaw.  That guy who can carry on three conversations at once while sleeping.  Lord Vinyl Pillager.  The Energizer.  Mister Pink Bunny.  Adrian.

I got the terrible news last night as I was spinning some Solitude Aeternus, drinking the nectar of the gods (ok, it was Miller Lite), and surfing the few metal sites I frequent, and casually thinking I’d bump into him as always.

Shellshock.

I think back to all the fond memories of MPB, from first meeting him in person at ProgPower V in Atlanta in 2004, to hanging out and sharing hotel rooms and other friend’s places at future ProgPowers, the Testament Reunited gigs in DC, and on his home turf of Toronto for the spectacular coming-together of people and bands that was Day of the Equinox.  He introduced me to real Canadian bacon, Orphaned Land (literally and musically), and was an ambassador of metal. 

He was everywhere, had his hands in everything, knew everyone, and could finagle all kinds of shit.  I remember hitting up Deathgasm Records with him a few years back in suburban Atlanta and he walked out with a FIST, not just a couple, but a heavy-duty FIST of Deathgasm releases and distro stuff—all after handing the fellas there a couple copies of U! and talking to them for about 5 minutes.  That’s how he always seemed to move through life.  “Here, have this shirt—the band gave me 3 and I only need one.”

The Web of  The Energizer.

Through Adrian, I got to meet many great people that I still hang out with/chat with to this day.  He was always the connection, whether they be boarders, bands, promoters, industry people—you name it, he was entrenched in metal, connections, and camaraderie.  Always on the promotional prowl, he was constantly plugging underground bands.  “Band X is AMAZING!” or “If you want on the guest list for show Y, just email me…”

Calls/emails.

“Yo, Zeke—it’s Adrian—you know what’s going on with Woods of Ypres?”

Words that never failed to get me salivating.  He’d drop a juicy tidbit or two, and off he’d go, maybe for just a day or maybe a month or two, but there’d always be another call.

Until now.

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:11 PM »

From the other board posted from this brother:
This is from Winston Bromley, Adrian's twin brother. Adrian succumbed to Pneumonia on Sunday morning. He had this afflication for the past few weeks and he passed in his sleep. I am touched by everyone's comments and I know that INERTIA /Noel is organizing an event for Adrian here in Toronto, at a venue to be announced. We are also setting up a fund but Noel will post that information later.There will be more posting of official memorials/tributes.

I am extremely humbled by my brother's friend's outpouring of emotions and yes, he always had that on- the go excitement about him and was very easy to make friends with. Put him in any room, metal, or any other and he would befriend most of the room.

I miss you bro.

Winston

Welcome to My HELL
Brimstöne
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 02:25:40 PM »

My post on the other board:

Adrian was always unfailingly upbeat and friendly. A few years back when I was having one of my periodic meltdowns, even though he barely knew me he called me just to see how I was doing. I appreciated it greatly. I wish I was a quarter as outgoing, gregarious and driven as the bunny was.

It is absolutely unfair and wrong that he is gone from the world so young. R.I.P. man. I wish I had taken the time to get to know you better.

Sad
Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 02:34:41 PM »

I just want to say that I'm really gonna miss his friendship and sense of humour, he was truly a great guy and his love of Metal was second to none.

We spoke on the phone recently, but I saw him last on September 27; we had breakfast together at the Pickle Barrel and talked about many things, but mostly he seemed to be over the moon about getting married to Renée and going back to the US in the new year, which makes his unexpected passing even more sad.

The metal world won't be the same without him...  Sad
zekeyou
Metal God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »

One of my favorite pics:

Bromley, leading the conversation (the guy in the foreground was obviously overwhelmed by the amount of topics covered in a 2-minute span):

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »

Can someone host 2 images with Adrian for me? If so, please PM your email address so I can forward the images to you. I would be eternally grateful.  They are from Progpowers past.

Welcome to My HELL
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 03:05:01 PM »

quite possibly the most posted pic of the legend ever:

Welcome to My HELL
zekeyou
Metal God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 03:09:17 PM »

Here are a couple of Venom's pics from the past years at PP featuring MPB:

Here are a few more from various places:
Post Day of the Equinox party (I think)

With Medusa, Day of the Equinox

Zeke, Zeke's Neighbor, MPB-- ProgPower USA 6

Always whoring the mag-- Testament BBQ 2005

MPB, Bruni, Zeke at DOTE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 19 queries.