January 18, 2019, 08:59:46 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Classic album of the Day, 11/16/08-- VOIVOD-- Dimension Hatross  (Read 6660 times)
nvmbrsdoom5
Metalhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »

I think perhaps both bands (CF and 'Vod) were working at being avant-garde, but Voivod were able to pull it off a bit more naturally and it really became who they were, whereas CF tended to go through different phases and always seemed to be "searching", if that makes any sense either! LOL  Either way, I love both bands.

Voivod made some of the best videos, too, in my opinion.  Even if they weren't done with a big budget, they were always interesting and they tried to do cool things with what they had.  Almost anyone who watched metal vids back in the day will remember the "Astronomy Domine" video, even if they weren't necessarily a fan.

Side note-- the other day I had some flooding in my basement, which got into some boxes of stored clothes of mine.  My 1989 Dimension Hatross tour shirt was in there, it's pretty much ruined now  cryingeyesout
Fatal if swallowed
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »

Yeah there's some great stuff on this album, but it pales in comparison to their earlier efforts, especially the monster that was War and Pain!!  beerbang beerbang
War and Pain will always been my favorite by them. Hey look Fatal, we agreed on something!! cheers
Nothing sounds like War and Pain!  beerbang beerbang
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:56 AM »

Yeah there's some great stuff on this album, but it pales in comparison to their earlier efforts, especially the monster that was War and Pain!!  beerbang beerbang
War and Pain will always been my favorite by them. Hey look Fatal, we agreed on something!! cheers
Nothing sounds like War and Pain!  beerbang beerbang
So raw and dirty!! cheers

Welcome to My HELL
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »

This is being bumped solely for That awesome riff in Shovel Headed Kill Machine so that he may chime in once he has seen the light.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.