August 15, 2018, 11:20:44 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: On a ten day coast to coast road trip and I brought one CD.  (Read 78 times)
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2018, 07:01:42 PM »

Ten day road trip as I move my family back to the east coast from WA.  Of all the the albums I could have brought, I'm stuck with this:

sick

I know you all have questions.

Why this album?
I was feeling nostalgic last week and put it in the player for a ten minute drive to the store.

Don't you have an MP3 player?
No, I lost my $300 device snowboarding last winter and can't bring myself to purchase another.

Where are your other CDs?
The movers packed everything before I thought to grab a few good discs for the drive.

So what are you listening to?
Warpath.  Then Warpath again.  Followed by more Warpath.  Over and over again ... ... I'm joking. I just converse with my wife and kids mostly.  No music.

What would you liked to have brought?
Some Maiden for sure.  I've been really getting into Priest lately also.  And I have been meaning to explore Kiss, finally (I'm in that age demographic now).  Emperor on low volume for when the kids are napping.  Probably not just Warpath.

Anyhow ... just wanted to share.  I realize posting on here is a little like spray painting in an abandoned building at this point.   coffee
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 07:50:43 PM by Carl Wood » Logged

~ one-hundred percent metal ~
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:28:59 AM »

Can't say I have heard this album by the band. So where did you move to, Carl? 10 day trip, did you stop at anything fun or historic on the way?  You don't have XM Radio in your car?

Welcome to My HELL
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »

Can't say I have heard this album by the band. So where did you move to, Carl? 10 day trip, did you stop at anything fun or historic on the way?  You don't have XM Radio in your car?

The album is fine for what it is.  At the time it was released I was a die-hard fan of both Cannibal Corpse and Obituary, and caught up in the coolness of Allen West and Chris Barnes teaming up for this.  It's got some groovy tracks, but as a fan of Obituary I recognize that there are a shit load of recycled riffs from Obituary's "Back from the Dead" album.

Still in the middle of the road trip.  I'll be home by mid month!  Writing to you from Chicago at the moment.  No XM radio either.  Not enough W.A.S.P. on Hair Nation!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:10:39 AM by Carl Wood » Logged

Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:00:09 AM »

p.s. - Haunted, the only other SFU full length album I own, is far more important and a much more satisfying listen as far as primitive mid-late 90s death metal goes.

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 05:31:06 AM »

Love Chicago. I have a step daughter who lives there. you didn't say where in on the East Coast you are moving to? Can I assume NY since you have a Statue of Liberty pic?

Welcome to My HELL
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 10:53:12 PM »

Oh right - going back to Nova Scotia up on the east coast of Canada, eh! (I have to say 'eh' now and again ... or else there will be ... pain ... they're listening!)

I put the pic of the statue there to illustrate my love of liberty and freedom etc.  Before that I think I had a portrait of Congressman Ron Paul up for a bit, but thought that was a little too on-the-nose.

Before that, Spawn  lol  devilbang

I'm in Detroit tonight, a few minutes away from the boarder.  I thought about venturing into the now famed ghettos surrounding downtown, but I've got my wife and kids and motorcycle with me so I'll put that adventure off for another day.

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 05:32:19 AM »

yeah I wouldn't venture out much in the Murder Capital of the US.

Welcome to My HELL
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 19 queries.