January 21, 2019, 07:15:52 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ghost-Rats  (Read 678 times)
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:46:06 PM »

Brilliant song and video
https://youtube.com/C_ijc7A5oAc
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:49:44 PM by Venom » Logged

Welcome to My HELL
MetalShock
Metal King

There is only ONE Nation, the Raider Nation!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:47:47 AM »

The link didn't work. You mean this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ijc7A5oAc

From what I see this track will be off the upcoming release Prequelle. Track sounded pretty cool. I will check it out in it's entirety, but I am not enamored by this band like some are. I like them for their throw-back nostalgic kind of sound though.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:53:23 AM by MetalShock » Logged

SMOKED OUT
You will make it up to me, you will make amends.  We will not be family, and we can not be friends.
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »

Digging the song a lot - it was in my head basically all of the weekend.  That at Square Hammer are such damn ear worms I can't get out of my head.

I'm lukewarm on Ghost overall - I dig them but rarely spin them.  They are kind of a greatest hits kind of band for me.  Their live album is awesome though.   

Saw them open for Maiden a whole bunch last year and skipped them for the most part but I think they are one of the few newer bands that can draw in big crowds.
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29:49 AM »

Today is the day the album comes out. Looking forward to having my CD in the mail from Amazon when I get home form work. That is if my wife hasn't already opened it up and is jamming to it. LOL

Welcome to My HELL
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 10:00:11 AM »

Loved the first album and liked about 50% of the other two full lengths-- this, cannot get into it at all (streaming it right now).

Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »

Weird, I'm kinda the opposite where I'm lukewarm on the debut but really dig everything else.  New one is pretty good so far, wish there was maybe 1 or 2 more tunes on here (too many instrumentals) but it's a good fun time.  devilbang
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »

not a fan of the last 3 songs, but the rest i like especially Faith and Rats

Welcome to My HELL
MetalShock
Metal King

There is only ONE Nation, the Raider Nation!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 08:31:05 AM »

This album is getting tons of press and high reviews. Although I like it, I'm certainly not enthralled with it. Dance Macabre, "just wanna be, I wanna be wit chu in the moonlight".... hmmm, this track will probably make them even bigger than they are to all the wannabe metalheads. I for one don't like this track at all.

So far I have read nothing but pretty positive reviews of Prequelle with Ghost being touted as the next big arena band. I must admit that I have never seen them and probably never will now that they've reached stardom (I wish I had seen them when they were here in Maryland and were playing at a smaller venue).

All that said, so far I find the album to be enjoyable, but not one that I will grab often to spin. I think I prefer their earlier material a bit more, but I'll have to sample this album more to make that final determination. I find their music to be pretty mainstream hard rock/metal  that is well done but nothing to cream my pants over. However, the general consensus appears to be that they are like song writing gods. To me, they pay homage to their late 70's /80's roots and do a decent job of it.

Favorite Tracks: Faith (heaviest song), Rats (catchy), Miasma (instrumental.... good nostalgic sound), It's A Sin (bonus track)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:47:29 AM by MetalShock » Logged

SMOKED OUT
You will make it up to me, you will make amends.  We will not be family, and we can not be friends.
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 09:55:39 AM »

I dig this album but it just feels a bit .... short?  Is that weird?  I was really hoping for a little more meat here.  I think the best songs are the ones they pre-released.

They are on the verge of being pretty big.  Sorta like Volbeat right around BH/AH where they hit the stratosphere with still good but not quite as great albums.

Square Hammer is still the goddamn catchiest song like ever.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 19 queries.