January 22, 2019, 12:36:36 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Slayer - Repentless  (Read 3472 times)
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »

I am hearing good things about this one.

I think I need to drop the dough. $

Still waiting for my new life to begin......
A windmill full of corpses.
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »

I think it RULES. I expected good things, and it surpassed those expectations right off the bat. I can only imagine it will get even better as I continue to digest it.

I think Kerry did a hell of a job in the song writing dept…I’m not really hearing any void with Jeff missing, plus the solos that Gary contributed totally rip.

It’s also awesome having a Terry Date-produced Slayer album - as expected, it's powerful yet still raw enough to know you're hearing actual performances...imperfections and all. Been a long time since I've heard an album where Bostaph sounded like a human drummer (and he fuckin’ CRUSHES on it). 

It's going to be a long time before I attempt to rank it, but at the very least I think it's a MASSIVE improvement over WPB, and it’ll easily be among the best of the post-Divine era.  To me WPB sounded very much like Slayer ‘going through the motions’…Repentless sounds like a band out to prove something again.
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »

AMAZON HAUL:

Slayer - Repentless CD/DVD $12.99
F&J - DftD 20th Anniversary Reissue 2CD + DVD - $12.99
Anvil - Hope In Hell - $7.38
Harlott - Proliferation - $11.99

beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 01:36:00 PM by Metal_King » Logged

Yambag
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

Yeah I am loving this CD. 

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 04:20:17 PM »

I think it RULES. I expected good things, and it surpassed those expectations right off the bat. I can only imagine it will get even better as I continue to digest it.

I think Kerry did a hell of a job in the song writing dept…I’m not really hearing any void with Jeff missing, plus the solos that Gary contributed totally rip.

It’s also awesome having a Terry Date-produced Slayer album - as expected, it's powerful yet still raw enough to know you're hearing actual performances...imperfections and all. Been a long time since I've heard an album where Bostaph sounded like a human drummer (and he fuckin’ CRUSHES on it). 

It's going to be a long time before I attempt to rank it, but at the very least I think it's a MASSIVE improvement over WPB, and it’ll easily be among the best of the post-Divine era.  To me WPB sounded very much like Slayer ‘going through the motions’…Repentless sounds like a band out to prove something again.

well said, this album fucking CRUSHES!!!!!

Welcome to My HELL
Iced Ray
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 07:27:48 AM »

Great album!  devilbang
Denial Fiend
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 05:52:36 PM »

Digging it  devilbang

I was here as 666 but lost my log in information, hence, the return of the Fiend!!!
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »

This album surprised the hell out of me!  I haven't given much time to anything past Seasons.  I tried to like the last album but the guitar tone was was too tame.  That and Toms yelling was out of control.  This one has fixed both of those issues perfectly.  I'm excited about Slayer again!  Who knew THAT would happen!
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 07:30:49 PM »

This album surprised the hell out of me!  I haven't given much time to anything past Seasons.  I tried to like the last album but the guitar tone was was too tame.  That and Toms yelling was out of control.  This one has fixed both of those issues perfectly.  I'm excited about Slayer again!  Who knew THAT would happen!

I'm still amazed I don't have this or the new Motorhead but I got Riverside the day it came out.  I will get both by years' end, but I haven't been much into Slayer post Seasons either.  A song here and there, but...

Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »

When are you guys going to get with with the program with Spotify?  Everything available the day it comes out.  10 bucks a month for just about every album you'd ever need and you can take it all anywhere.  Unless I REALLY, REALLY NEED to own a physical copy, I don't see me ever buying another CD.  I love it.
A windmill full of corpses.
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 06:18:50 AM »

When are you guys going to get with with the program with Spotify?  Everything available the day it comes out.  10 bucks a month for just about every album you'd ever need and you can take it all anywhere.  Unless I REALLY, REALLY NEED to own a physical copy, I don't see me ever buying another CD.  I love it.

Agreed 100000%!

Spotify has been a game-changer for me over the past few years and it's now how I listen to the majority of music.

I did buy a physical copy of this new Slayer (which was the first physical album I've bought in years) because they're my all time favorite band and felt I should have it for the collection. The CD arrived, I opened it to get to the liner notes....then fired it up on Spotify to listen to it haha. Haven't even touched the actual CD and probably never will.  

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:29:40 AM by Flying sex snakes. » Logged
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 12:35:07 PM »

This album is a total grower on me.  devilbang

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

I love this album, best since Divine Intervention IMO!

Welcome to My HELL
Denial Fiend
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 06:03:04 PM »

I love this album, best since Divine Intervention IMO!

YES

I was here as 666 but lost my log in information, hence, the return of the Fiend!!!
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »

Still haven't heard a note from this.  Crazy.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 19 queries.