January 22, 2019, 11:40:35 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Black Metal Now!  (Read 13659 times)
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »

Total cult madness  skull

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FlkG81Uxk58&fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FlkG81Uxk58&fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:05:21 PM by Carl Wood » Logged

~ one-hundred percent metal ~
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 06:44:59 AM »

I only have their most recent album but it fucking rules.  Very similar to later era Immortal but a bit crazier.  Frog/Popeye vocals included.  Can't wait to see them at MDF.  abbath
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:34:50 AM »

Agreed.  I've only sampled a few tracks from the new one and I think it sounds great.  I'm strongly considering ordering the "Tome" vinyl version pressed by Hells Headbangers - epic vinyl package!

Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »

Cold and melodic  skull

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NnZkcJ3DJCA&fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/NnZkcJ3DJCA&fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:39:03 PM by Carl Wood » Logged

Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

OK, those vocals on the Inquisition track... are they meant to be "extreme" or comical"?   lol
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »

OK, those vocals on the Inquisition track... are they meant to be "extreme" or comical"?   lol

Grim!  kickballs

Brimstöne
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »

I'm listening to this:

Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:53:20 PM »

Grim!  kickballs

Ahhh, grim.  Gotcha. 

I wonder if the engineers have to hold back their chuckles while guys like this are in the both?  lol
Carl Wood
MM Staff
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »

Ahhh, grim.  Gotcha.  

I wonder if the engineers have to hold back their chuckles while guys like this are in the both?  lol

What engineers?!  kickballs

I'm listening to this:

I'm actually not digging the Dark Fortress.   w  I think they were recently signed to Century Media, so they seem to be gaining some steam.  I might give them another go at some point.

The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »

Ahhh, grim.  Gotcha. 

I wonder if the engineers have to hold back their chuckles while guys like this are in the both?  lol

What engineers?!  kickballs

Yeah, Release don't you know to be necro & troo you have to record in your parent's basement errrrr I mean in the dungeon!  skull

The only thing that I didn't like about Ylem was it had a problem too many black metal albums last year had. They were way too long, Triptykon's Eparistera Daimones & Waitain's Lawless Darkness are two other examples of bloated bm recordings. Don't get me wrong, I think they were all good releases but could have been trimmed of about 10 to 15 minutes of excess each.

I'm giving this it's initial spin:

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
Snamu
Metal King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 09:48:36 PM »

I'm listening to this:

beerbang
I love that album!
Snamu
Metal King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

Yeah, Release don't you know to be necro & troo you have to record in your parent's basement errrrr I mean in the dungeon!  skull

The only thing that I didn't like about Ylem was it had a problem too many black metal albums last year had. They were way too long, Triptykon's Eparistera Daimones & Waitain's Lawless Darkness are two other examples of bloated bm recordings. Don't get me wrong, I think they were all good releases but could have been trimmed of about 10 to 15 minutes of excess each.

I definitely hear you - imo, Cradle is the worst offender when it comes to bloated albums.
But no one's ever happy - we've been getting good reviews but every single writer says the album should be longer. 
I guess next time we'll have to write some 3rd rate filler songs.   Buck Teeth
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:58:29 PM »

After all the  scratch I did wondering what Solefald was thinking when they made Red for Fire: An Icelandic Odyssey: Part I & Black for Death: An Icelandic Odyssey : Part II they limit An Icelandic Odyssey : Part III to a single track on Norrøn Livskunst & make their best album since Neonism!

Oh yeah & the new Vreid album is really excellent with harsh bm vocals where you can still understand every word sung. Highly recommended!

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »

I definitely hear you - imo, Cradle is the worst offender when it comes to bloated albums.
But no one's ever happy - we've been getting good reviews but every single writer says the album should be longer.  
I guess next time we'll have to write some 3rd rate filler songs.   Buck Teeth

Just include 2nd rate songs that didn't make it onto the last album!  lol

I was going to buy a copy of your band's last album but balked at the price for a disc the length of an ep.  w

I don't own a lot of Cradle albums, the music isn't too bad but I can only take Dani's vox in short burst though I did really love Vempire!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:10:08 PM by Protag » Logged

The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »

Holy Moley, if the year was ending today I'd have this new Solefald as my album of the year & what with how unusual & awesome this is it may make it till the end of 2011 as my top pick.  beerbang

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 19 queries.