January 21, 2019, 07:20:57 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Your 1st concerts.... what are they?  (Read 34569 times)
Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2008, 12:39:13 AM »

Aaaah Maiden at the Montreal forum...
The good old days!   devilbang

was that for the Slavery tour or Somewhere In Time?
nvmbrsdoom5
Metalhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:59 AM »

Thanks to Protag and Cinflames, some of us can feel young again!  Evil Nana

I can only wish to have seen Phil Lynott or Freddy Mercury live...  bowdown
You 40-year-olds---- just babies!!   lol

Wow, you're here now! That's great! Haven't talked to you in friggin' forever! How are you doing?

BTW my next show after The Animals was The Rolling Stones on the Aftermath tour with The Standells(Dirty Water), The McCoys(Hang On Sloopy. Rick Derringer was in this band with his brother who played drums standing up), The Strangeloves(I Want Candy) & The Tradewinds(New York's A Lonely Town(When You're the Only Surfer Boy Around). Most memorable moment of the show was when a guy jumped up on stage during the Stone's set & snatched Brian Jone's electric dulcimer that he played on Lady Jane. A dumb security guy pushed him off stage w/o getting the instrument back first & the guy bailed for the exit untouched.

Fucking wow.  That show sounds amazing.  You've really seen the shows that just floor me to imagine seeing.  Animals, Stones (Aftermath tour?!?!?!  Good god!), Standells, McCoys.....I'd have given anything to be around then and see those bands.  That's the kind of music that means the most to me.

Love the avatar too  devilbang  Didn't you mention once before that you saw Coop on the Easy Action tour??
The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »

Thanks to Protag and Cinflames, some of us can feel young again!  Evil Nana

I can only wish to have seen Phil Lynott or Freddy Mercury live...  bowdown
You 40-year-olds---- just babies!!   lol

Wow, you're here now! That's great! Haven't talked to you in friggin' forever! How are you doing?

BTW my next show after The Animals was The Rolling Stones on the Aftermath tour with The Standells(Dirty Water), The McCoys(Hang On Sloopy. Rick Derringer was in this band with his brother who played drums standing up), The Strangeloves(I Want Candy) & The Tradewinds(New York's A Lonely Town(When You're the Only Surfer Boy Around). Most memorable moment of the show was when a guy jumped up on stage during the Stone's set & snatched Brian Jone's electric dulcimer that he played on Lady Jane. A dumb security guy pushed him off stage w/o getting the instrument back first & the guy bailed for the exit untouched.

Fucking wow.  That show sounds amazing.  You've really seen the shows that just floor me to imagine seeing.  Animals, Stones (Aftermath tour?!?!?!  Good god!), Standells, McCoys.....I'd have given anything to be around then and see those bands.  That's the kind of music that means the most to me.

Love the avatar too  devilbang  Didn't you mention once before that you saw Coop on the Easy Action tour??

I saw The Yardbirds with Jimmy Page, The Who touring behind A Quick One, Janis Joplin, Spirit, Humble Pie, T-Rex, Jeff Beck Group, Sabbath on the Paranoid & Master of Reality tour, Cream's farewell tour with the Moody Blues & Terry Reid as openers. Lots of stuff & yes I saw Alice Cooper touring for Easy Action at one of the first MayDay(later EarthDay) protests on the National Mall in DC along with Hot Tuna. I also met the Coop in an elevator at a Holiday Inn in Baltimore during the Billion Dollar Babies tour & Flo & Eddie at the hotel bar on the same tour. I also saw Hendrix 6 times(4 of those times at a venue where he played 2 sets a night) & even went out drinking with him, Noel & Mitch one night.

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »

I saw The Yardbirds with Jimmy Page, The Who touring behind A Quick One, Janis Joplin, Spirit, Humble Pie, T-Rex, Jeff Beck Group, Sabbath on the Paranoid & Master of Reality tour, Cream's farewell tour with the Moody Blues & Terry Reid as openers. Lots of stuff & yes I saw Alice Cooper touring for Easy Action at one of the first MayDay(later EarthDay) protests on the National Mall in DC along with Hot Tuna. I also met the Coop in an elevator at a Holiday Inn in Baltimore during the Billion Dollar Babies tour & Flo & Eddie at the hotel bar on the same tour. I also saw Hendrix 6 times(4 of those times at a venue where he played 2 sets a night) & even went out drinking with him, Noel & Mitch one night.

bowdown it would be an understatement to say I envy you!
The real question is how stoned were you?  lol

The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »

Well I do remember the shows!  lol The saying goes, if you can remember the '60s you weren't there! I was stoned at some but I guess in varying degrees. I wish I was stoned right now!  smoking

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2008, 07:48:57 PM »

Well I do remember the shows!  lol The saying goes, if you can remember the '60s you weren't there! I was stoned at some but I guess in varying degrees. I wish I was stoned right now!  smoking

The cool thing is you experienced all the different eras of Rock n' Roll, Hard Rock and Metal with all it's sub-genres as they were born and you're still an avid music fan to this day. I just think it's very cool! You rock dude! cheers
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »

The cool thing is you experienced all the different eras of Rock n' Roll, Hard Rock and Metal with all it's sub-genres as they were born and you're still an avid music fan to this day. I just think it's very cool! You rock dude! cheers

Thanks!  :8D:I do have some level of pride in being old enough to have been present at the birth of Rock 'n' Roll!

Fatal if swallowed
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »

Mob Rules tour, and it's funny Bunnyman mentioned the Mexico riot on this tour because there was also a mini-riot outside this Toronto show (they hit Toronto twice on the tour, this was the first T.O. show), I still remember having just turned 14 a few days earlier being terrified as a pile of guys attempted to turn over a tour bus filled with senior citizens on Carlton Street right in front of me, haha!  beerbang

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 10:53:54 PM by Fatal if swallowed » Logged
Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2008, 11:44:03 PM »

FIS, that must have been a wicked show!

I remember harassing my parents to go see that show in Montreal, but they thought I was too young at 14 to go see Sabbath  cryingeyesout

IMPELLITTERI FAN
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »

Aaaah Maiden at the Montreal forum...
The good old days!   devilbang

was that for the Slavery tour or Somewhere In Time?

Slavery tour with Twisted Sister in 1984

I promise that my guitar solos will only get faster.
Fatal if swallowed
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2008, 01:35:10 PM »

I remember harassing my parents to go see that show in Montreal, but they thought I was too young at 14 to go see Sabbath  cryingeyesout

Yeah, I was harassing them almost a year earlier to let me see Triumph on the New Years prior, I was only 13, haha! That whole year I bugged them to let me go to concerts and finally they said I could go once I turned 14. My birthday was nov 14, the Sabbath concert was nov 19 and my mom bought the tickets for me and my friend to go. Now that I think back, that's pretty young to go see Sabbath without any adult, but the world was a bit different then I guess.
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »

Yeah, I was harassing them almost a year earlier to let me see Triumph on the New Years prior, I was only 13, haha! That whole year I bugged them to let me go to concerts and finally they said I could go once I turned 14. My birthday was nov 14, the Sabbath concert was nov 19 and my mom bought the tickets for me and my friend to go. Now that I think back, that's pretty young to go see Sabbath without any adult, but the world was a bit different then I guess.

Yep Sabbath opened the Pandora's Box of evil! The opening band when I saw them on the Master of Reality tour was Fleetwood Mac when Peter Green was still in the band & Christine Perfect(McVie) had just joined but at that time no Lindsey Buckingham or Stevie Nicks
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:13:54 PM by Protag » Logged

Firefarter
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2008, 08:05:03 PM »

i guess 14 is the popular age for your first solo concert experience,it was also how old i was when i saw Kiss in 1990.i still remember my dad giving the ''say no to drugs'' speech before i left the house. lol
Fatal if swallowed
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2008, 09:49:43 PM »

i guess 14 is the popular age for your first solo concert experience,it was also how old i was when i saw Kiss in 1990.i still remember my dad giving the ''say no to drugs'' speech before i left the house. lol

Haha, if my dad even realized there would be drugs there, he wouldn't have let me go!

Protag, you've seen some great shit, bro.  cheers
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2008, 10:00:14 PM »

Yeah that's true but if you had seen it then you'd be old like me & nobody would want to tit fuck you!  : cryingeyesout

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 19 queries.