January 21, 2019, 07:13:02 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Your 1st concerts.... what are they?  (Read 34568 times)
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 07:15:43 PM »

I'm 42
Geezer!!  I kid! I am now in the 40 year old club cryingeyesout

Welcome to My HELL
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »

I'm 42

I'm loving it.  We have something that these new guys don't...... we've been listening to metal pretty much since the beginning.  I still find it fascinating where the genre has gone and how everything has changed.  ranted, I don't like certain aspects of it (the friggin' morons who are into it) but man, how cool is it that we've seen metal rise from a few fans here and there to where it is today?  I wouldn't give any of it up for anything.  Age certainly has its benefits.  cheers
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 07:22:04 PM »

I'm 42

I'm loving it.  We have something that these new guys don't...... we've been listening to metal pretty much since the beginning.  I still find it fascinating where the genre has gone and how everything has changed.  ranted, I don't like certain aspects of it (the friggin' morons who are into it) but man, how cool is it that we've seen metal rise from a few fans here and there to where it is today?  I wouldn't give any of it up for anything.  Age certainly has its benefits.  cheers
yep, I have been into metal for 27 years and have seen bands in their prime these kids can only dream about  devilbang devilbang devilbang If my memory was better, I would try to write down every band I have seen over the last 25+ years live.

Welcome to My HELL
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:48 AM »

Hmmmmmm,,,,,I think the first concert was Loverboy with Quiet Riot opening,,,,,or perhaps Maynard Ferguson was before that,,,,,I just don't remember which was first,,,,,

Oh wait,,,,,the very first concert would have been Peter Madcat Ruth,,,,,an AMAZING harmonica player!!!!
anti nowhere punk
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

First ever was Squeeze, first Rock concert was Dogs D amour, and then Thunder not long afterwards.  First BIG gig was clash of the titans, slayer, megadeth, testament and suicidal tendencies!! All of these gigs were in the late 80's!!

Boring...
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 01:03:21 PM »

First ever was Squeeze, first Rock concert was Dogs D amour, and then Thunder not long afterwards.  First BIG gig was clash of the titans, slayer, megadeth, testament and suicidal tendencies!! All of these gigs were in the late 80's!!
ARGGGHHHH!!!  Clash of the Titans was a great show,,,,,the  US part of the tour had Alice In Chains instead of Suicidal Tendencies,,,,,you most definitely got the better end of that deal,,,,,
Let Off Some Steam, Bennett!
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 01:09:25 PM »

I grew up in Reno, NV. Which gets almost no concerts. So I grew up not seeing anything until I was 17, when I got to see Megadeth on the Cryptic Writings tour (3 months before Menza was fired) and later that summer I got to see Metallica on the Reload tour with Cantrell opening. Both were great shows and to this day remain my favorites.

I don't need the gun, John. I don't NEEEEED the gun! I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! I'M GONNA KIIIIIILLLL YOOOOOOOU NOOOOOOOW!!!!

anti nowhere punk
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:19 PM »

ARGGGHHHH!!!  Clash of the Titans was a great show,,,,,the  US part of the tour had Alice In Chains instead of Suicidal Tendencies,,,,,you most definitely got the better end of that deal,,,,,

Damn fuckin right, they were touring for lights camera revolution, they fuckin ruled! The London show had anthrax instead of suicidal, so Im glad I went to birmingham lol I caught anthrax later that year supporting iron maiden

Boring...
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 01:34:48 PM »

Damn fuckin right, they were touring for lights camera revolution, they fuckin ruled! The London show had anthrax instead of suicidal, so Im glad I went to birmingham lol I caught anthrax later that year supporting iron maiden
Oh wait,,,,,I missed that part,,,,,what I saw was Alice In Chains, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth,,,,,
anti nowhere punk
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 01:35:34 PM »

No testament?  Man we really did get the better deal!

Boring...
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »

No testament?  Man we really did get the better deal!
Nope,,,,,but at that time, I had never seen Anthrax and I had already seen Testament several times, so I didn't mind that,,,,,
Brimstöne
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »

My first two concerts were both Ratt supported by Poison.  1988 I believe it was.  First was at Merriweather Post Pavilion in MD, and the second was at the Capital Centre.
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 02:15:59 PM »

My first two concerts were both Ratt supported by Poison.  1988 I believe it was.  First was at Merriweather Post Pavilion in MD, and the second was at the Capital Centre.
that was 1987 dude in the Spring, I saw that tour in the old Omni in Atlanta.

Welcome to My HELL
Brimstöne
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 02:16:49 PM »

I stand corrected!
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »

I stand corrected!
Poison was headlining their own tours in 1988 with the release of their 2nd album

Welcome to My HELL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.