December 09, 2018, 05:11:04 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 142
Print
Author Topic: Now This Is the Official Weather Thread!  (Read 283303 times)
The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2010, 10:39:13 AM »

Not even noon yet & it's already in the 90s!  Barf The forecast thru Friday is all highs in the 90s. The record for hottest June since records started to be kept in 1880.  Doh! < That isn't the normal *doh* instead it's me wiping the sweat off my extended forehead. All I need to do is make it till tomorrow morning & then my a/c should be fixed that is if I don't become a puddle first.  lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:00:30 PM by Protag » Logged

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »

I'll take this weather any day over 56 inches of snow.  devilbang
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »

I'll take this weather any day over 56 inches of snow.  devilbang

Takes in how it feels today & then flashsback to 56 inches of snow back in Feb.  Buck Teeth I'll go for the snow easily!  YES

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:59:22 AM »

Takes in how it feels today & then flashsback to 56 inches of snow back in Feb.  Buck Teeth I'll go for the snow easily!  YES

I'll take sweating over 6 hours of shoveling, 2 hour commutes on unplowed roads, frequent extended power outages and the cold any day.
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:06:53 AM »

Count me in on the snow  thumb

Fuck humidity
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »

I'll take sweating over 6 hours of shoveling, 2 hour commutes on unplowed roads, frequent extended power outages and the cold any day.

Understandable, my neighbor 2 doors down did all the shoveling, the company I worked for closed if the Feds were closed & no power outages.

The a/c repair guy should be here in about 15 minutes.

Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »

The a/c repair guy should be here in about 15 minutes.
beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang beerbang
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »

The other day when I went to work at 6:30am it was already 81.
Last week the Augusta paper had a picture of some kids in a pool-- the caption read something like "Kids enjoy the water while temperatures hit 100 for the 4th straight day.  The heat wave is expected to last until August".

Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 08:17:27 AM »

Saw on the news this morning that this could be the hottest Summer ever.  Scary weather we're having.

What gets me with all this humidity is how few thunderstorms we've had.  We usually will have 2-3 a week for an hour or so but so far this season we've seen very few.  It's really dry out there, starting to remind me of Denver.

Still, it's better than what it was like in February.  lol
Pelata
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 08:19:41 AM »

Count me in on the snow  thumb

Fuck humidity

nana
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »

Repair guy has come & gone! Gave me an estimate on a new unit as I expected would happen. The coolant has been recharged & it is feeling better in here already. Had to hunt for my antisocial cat, Runt, for about a half hour once the guy left & was afraid that she had snuck outside what with the storm door being opened & closed a number of times but she was hiding under my bed like she does when there is a thunderstorm. My other cat, Billie, just wanted pets which is normal for her.

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

Saw on the news this morning that this could be the hottest Summer ever.  Scary weather we're having.

What gets me with all this humidity is how few thunderstorms we've had.  We usually will have 2-3 a week for an hour or so but so far this season we've seen very few.
We've had a PLENTY here!!

Welcome to My HELL
The Protagonist
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:51:37 AM »

We've had a PLENTY here!!

I don't know what it is about this area & storms but we have some years we get pounded & others where they are forecasted & end up going North or South of where I live & we either have a sprinkling or nothing at all. I'm guessing it's because this area is between mountains & the ocean.  scratch

A windmill full of corpses.
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:09 AM »

+1

Though we've already had quite a bit of summer-like weather, yesterday was our first uber summer day (mid 90s with lots of humidity).  I welcomed the shit out of it. devilbang
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »

You guys are nuts.  There's nothing more miserable than scorching heat with drenching humidity.

At least with the cold you can put on a jacket or some layers if you get cold. 
Temps in the mid 90's with 90% humidity..... you're just miserable and there's really nothing you can do about it.  Ugh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 142
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 19 queries.