January 21, 2019, 07:25:18 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Highly regarded albums you just don't get?  (Read 19541 times)
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 02:39:16 PM »

I'm not a fan of any Megadeath but this album is clearly thrash to me.  Heathen was pretty soft in comparison to the other thrash bands at the time and they are always considered a thrash band.
B-I-N-G-O! thumb thumb

Welcome to My HELL
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »

I'm not a fan of any Megadeath but this album is clearly thrash to me.  Heathen was pretty soft in comparison to the other thrash bands at the time and they are always considered a thrash band.
B-I-N-G-O! thumb thumb

Heathen always had a prog. touch to them.  Glenn, are ya listening?  Wink

Still waiting for my new life to begin......
anti nowhere punk
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »

If u saw heathen live you might take that back!  shred

Boring...
ecwfan666
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2008, 07:41:05 PM »

This will come as no suprise..

Megadeth - Rust in peace.  How can this be regarded as one of the best thrash albums ever when it just isnt thrash, its far too cotton wool and feathers to be thrash.. Its a total sell out and I dont get how metal heads can regard such a obvious attempt to go mainstream as a classic??

How was this even attempting to be mainstream?  They went for almost a prog sound on this, and last I checked, that wasn't very popular.
EH scratch Rust in Peace=Prog??  What the hell have you been smoking Liam?? RIP is Thrash thru and thru....

Ur both wrong its power metal if anything but I wouldnt even compliment it with that label!  Its a thrash band totally losing there edge and going completely soft!
Sure it's thrash, but there's prog elements in it for sure.  Listen to it again! lol
it's one of my favorite albums and i have listened to it a thousand times, I have never heard prog in it. No
I said "elements", nothing full on.  Some of the solos and guitar arrangements are kinda proggy.
ecwfan666
Metalhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2008, 07:41:41 PM »

It aint thrash and I aint listening to it again I loathe that album! I did try again years after first hearing it but to this day the only track I like is hangar 18
you and ECW are like the only 2 who say it is not thrash lol lol lol
Actually I did say it was thrash.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 19 queries.