January 21, 2019, 06:38:15 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 672
Print
Author Topic: Random Metal Thoughts  (Read 1229777 times)
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 08:55:45 AM »

You know what's cool?  After months and months of not being interested in picking up much of anything due to the stupidity of that other board and a few weeks here along with recommendations from Klsch and KRP, I think I might to go hauling this weekend.  devilbang

Awesome!! What will you be shopping for?  devilbang

That box set and anything else that catches my eye.  Problem is, there isn't a whole lot of options as far as where to go around here.  Sad
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »

Yeah, I hear you on that one.  There are very few places to shop these days.  Sad  Let us know what you think of the set when you pick it up!

I'm headed down to Annadale tonight, so I'm going to check out the Record and Tape Traders over at Fair City. 
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 09:01:30 AM »

That place can be pretty cool.  Have you checked out Vienna Music Exchange yet?  It's only open a couple of hours on Saturday (I believe) but it's pretty cool if you like digging around what looks like a spare bedroom filled with stuff.
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 09:04:34 AM »

That place can be pretty cool.  Have you checked out Vienna Music Exchange yet?  It's only open a couple of hours on Saturday (I believe) but it's pretty cool if you like digging around what looks like a spare bedroom filled with stuff.
that's sound really cool,,,,,
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 09:05:10 AM »

I've been meaning to check that place ever since running into the owner at the Therion show last year but haven't made it over there yet.  I'll have to do that sometime soon.
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 09:06:05 AM »

that's sound really cool,,,,,

Yea, I've been there 3 times now and we just end up shooting the shit about bands and shows for about an hour and a half.  Good guy who really knows his shit runs the place.

Klsch.....The shop is at 131 Church street NW Vienna Va ph# 703 938-0010. Open thursday- saturday 12 -5 PM
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »

I'm at a loss.  Where's the classic album of the day?
Sometimes I do have work that needs completed... Rant Also, I said you guys are free to do the Classic album of the day as well too.  It does not always have to be me.  We are all old time metal heads, So I am confident we can all come up with a nice variety of selections amongst us on a daily basis!  thumb

Welcome to My HELL
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 12:51:40 PM »

One of the coolest things about the new Metallica album is that it sounds like Metallica.  It doesn't have parts that you go "oh, that sounds like ________."  Some people say that parts of Unforgiven III sound like STP but I don't hear it.  It's refreshing to hear a band sound like themselves and not a collection of influences that is something I'm not too fond of with a lot of the current bands.
Let Off Some Steam, Bennett!
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 02:42:21 PM »

Live Shit is AWESOME. Probably my favorite live album ever. I just wish they'd have added a 4th CD to that set. That CD being the set from the Seattle show you see on video. Holy fuck what a setlist:

01 - Blackened
02 - For Whom The Bell Tolls
03 - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
04 - Harvester Of Sorrow
05 - The Four Horsemen
06 - The Thing That Should Not Be
07 - Bass Solo
08 - Master Of Puppets
09 - Fade To Black
10 - Seek & Destroy
11 - And Justice for All
12 - One
13 - Creeping Death
14 - Guitar Solo
15 - Battery
16 - Last Caress
17 - Am I Evil?
18 - Whiplash
19 - Breadfan.

eek

I don't need the gun, John. I don't NEEEEED the gun! I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! I'M GONNA KIIIIIILLLL YOOOOOOOU NOOOOOOOW!!!!

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »

all this Ramones talk has really made me realize that I don;t care for them.... lol

Welcome to My HELL
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »

all this Ramones talk has really made me realize that I don;t care for them.... lol
How is that a metal thought?
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 03:04:43 PM »

We need to change the title to KICK ASS thoughts then!  devilbang devilbang devilbang
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 03:05:07 PM »

We need to change the title to KICK ASS thoughts then!  devilbang devilbang devilbang
cheers
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 03:08:32 PM »

How is that a metal thought?
because it is in the Metallus Maximus forum idea

Welcome to My HELL
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »

Random Metal Images from June 7, 1989

also from the show:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 672
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 19 queries.