December 09, 2018, 05:59:51 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 672
Print
Author Topic: Random Metal Thoughts  (Read 1172287 times)
A windmill full of corpses.
Metal God

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »

You know what to do. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one goes compared to, you know, that other one over there.  devilbang
Let Off Some Steam, Bennett!
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »

I'm assuming it will be filled with more heteroposts and less random acts of faggotry.  _band

As for my random thought of the moment:

Gravestone is fucking awesome.  beerbang

I don't need the gun, John. I don't NEEEEED the gun! I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! I'M GONNA KIIIIIILLLL YOOOOOOOU NOOOOOOOW!!!!

Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:40:07 PM »

Ever just not listen to classic album you love for like, well over a year, and then come back to it only to be fairly floored by it all over again?  Yeah, that's whats going on with me and Ride the Lightning right now.  

I could NEVER possibly forget how amazing this album is, but since I haven't heard it in it's entirety in a LONG time, I kinda...I don't know..."lost track" of just how incredible it is.  Especially for the time it came out.  

bowdown bowdown bowdown bowdown
Let Off Some Steam, Bennett!
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »

I did that with Acid Bath's WHEN THE KITE STRING POPS a couple weeks ago. It happens a lot with Metallica and Dissection too. I go on kicks for those bands at least once a year randomly and am always reminded of why I fell in love with them in the first place, and metal in general for that matter.

I don't need the gun, John. I don't NEEEEED the gun! I can beat you. I DON'T NEED NO GUN! I'M GONNA KIIIIIILLLL YOOOOOOOU NOOOOOOOW!!!!

Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 06:32:44 AM »

I've completely reconciled my relationship with at least the first 5 Metallica albums.  It had been probably 8-9 years since I listened to them last and man I forgot just how awesome they are. 

Oh yeah, been spinning Live Shit a lot this week and it's a great live album.
moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »

I've completely reconciled my relationship with at least the first 5 Metallica albums.  It had been probably 8-9 years since I listened to them last and man I forgot just how awesome they are. 

I have the Live Shit boxset with VHS tapes in it,,,,,they are great shows,,,,,I still have a VCR, so I should break them out at some point,,,,,
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:14:44 AM »

I've never seen/heard anything off that Live Shit box set.  But yea, I've been on a Metallica kick too.  The new issue of Guitar World has them in it and it seems that they're definitely back in the right mindset again.
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »

I have the Live Shit boxset with VHS tapes in it,,,,,they are great shows,,,,,I still have a VCR, so I should break them out at some point,,,,,

The Live in Seattle fotage from 1989 is just amazing. bowdown devilbang

I actually have two of these sets, the original in the case thing with the VHS tapes which no longer work.  I got the DVD version for Xmas about 5 years ago but was unintersted at the time so I never even opened it until a few weeks ago.  eek2
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:18:34 AM »

I've never seen/heard anything off that Live Shit box set.  But yea, I've been on a Metallica kick too.  The new issue of Guitar World has them in it and it seems that they're definitely back in the right mindset again.

It's worth the price of the set for the Seattle '89 DVD alone.  

- Incredible set list
- Metallica at their peak in regards to playing and attitude
- Great visually
- And the production is MASSIVE (one of the best recorded snare sounds....ever).  

devilbang
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »

Looks like I might have a quest this weekend.  Thanks!
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 08:33:55 AM »

devilbang
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 08:48:03 AM »

You know what's cool?  After months and months of not being interested in picking up much of anything due to the stupidity of that other board and a few weeks here along with recommendations from Klsch and KRP, I think I might to go hauling this weekend.  devilbang
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 08:48:48 AM »

Looks like I might have a quest this weekend.  Thanks!

It retails for new for $49.99 or you can order it from CDuniverse for about $35.  Which is a good deal for an awesome (if apparently overdubbed) 3 disc live album and 2 full shows on DVD.  And like KRP said, it's worth it for just the Seattle show alone.

I only wish they had done the sound in 5.1, that's my only complaint.
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »

You know what's cool?  After months and months of not being interested in picking up much of anything due to the stupidity of that other board and a few weeks here along with recommendations from Klsch and KRP, I think I might to go hauling this weekend.  devilbang

Awesome!! What will you be shopping for?  devilbang
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »

I'm at a loss.  Where's the classic album of the day?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 672
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 19 queries.