January 21, 2019, 06:55:36 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Album of the Day, 10/7/09 : Black 'n Blue  (Read 20677 times)
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2009, 09:37:46 AM »

Oops, wrong thread.

Nothing to add here.

moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »

lol roll lol
Dr. Heathen Scum
Metal King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 09:58:36 AM »

What's the joke? This album friggin' rules. 'Hold on to 18', 'Chains around heaven', 'Wicked Bitch' all classic 80s Pop-metal. Saw this band several years ago opening for LA Guns. Met the singer. He was a little of a star-tripper but was an okay dude  shred
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »

It's funny.  There was no way I was going to listen to think kinda stuff when I was growing up.  I was definitely one of the "thrash vs. hair metal" guys and you just never crossed that line.  It was always one side or the other......

But nowadays, I think a lot of that stuff was actually pretty decent.

......but there's still no way I'd buy 99% of those albums.  lol
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

It's funny.  There was no way I was going to listen to think kinda stuff when I was growing up.  I was definitely one of the "thrash vs. hair metal" guys and you just never crossed that line.  It was always one side or the other......

That was me too Brian, but I did cross the line with Lizzy Borden and Twisted Sister. I thought they were pretty kick ass.

But yeah....Black 'N' Blue...... scratch

Still waiting for my new life to begin......
Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 10:09:02 AM »

Yea, somehow Lizzy Borden and Twisted Sister were OK for me too.   thumb

I'm pretty sure I saw this Black & Blue album in a store way back when........ and said "pffftttt......" and kept flipping through the records.  lol
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »

That first Lizzy Borden album with the chick in lingerie on it was pretty heavy for me at the time.  devilbang

Love You To Pieces right??

Here is an honest to God story......

I met my wife at Cal St. Fullerton.  We are both math majors.  One day after class, she approached me to try to get a date.  She asked if I wanted to go to the Warrant concert with her since I think I went to school one day with an Iron Maiden shirt on.

I turned her down.  I told her, "I'm sorry Christine, but I don't listen to that kind of music."  roll

She told me she turned around, started to walk away and murmured to herself..."Strike One."  lol lol lol

Then, she saw me with a Kings hat on and decided to get tickets to a Kings/Rangers game.  She then asked me if I wanted to go with her to a hockey game.  She succeeded with that.  Of course, on the way to the old "Fabulous Forum" she had her Ranger jersey on and I asked what the hell she had that on for?  It was then I found out she was from Long Island. lol roll

Release
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 10:17:08 AM »

lol lol lol lol

......I don't listen to that kind of music.
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 10:21:30 AM »

lol lol lol lol

......I don't listen to that kind of music.

Big Smile

moshdrum69
Metal God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 11:01:02 AM »

Yea, somehow Lizzy Borden and Twisted Sister were OK for me too.   thumb

I'm pretty sure I saw this Black & Blue album in a store way back when........ and said "pffftttt......" and kept flipping through the records.  lol
I actually owned that record on vinyl at one time,,,,,I have no idea what ever happened to it, but it's not in my collection any longer,,,,, scratch
Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »

LOVE this album! Best album this band EVER did!!  Too bad they didn;t include the song Violent Kid which is one of their best but was never put on a studio album.  As Dr. Scum stated, this album was choked full of classic killer songs.

I am one of the biggest thrash fans you will ever meet, and I love this kind of music as well. What I don;t understand is....those of you who wouldn't listen to bands like this because you WERE thrash fans.... Rant

Welcome to My HELL
Metal_King
Metal God

Maximus Tankardus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »

What I don;t understand is....those of you who wouldn't listen to bands like this because you WERE thrash fans.... Rant

It's not that V...it's just the music was just wayyyyy too cookie cutter frilly stuff for Release and I. 

I just couldn't flat out listen to it.  It had no oomph to it at all.

zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 11:13:19 AM »

L

I am one of the biggest thrash fans you will ever meet, and I love this kind of music as well. What I don;t understand is....those of you who wouldn't listen to bands like this because you WERE thrash fans.... Rant

I think you answered your question there...generally speaking, not individually, it is/was akin to *many* prog/power-heavy fans not caring for much in the black/death realm.  Not a slam against this style from the 80's, but they were worlds different despite there definitely being a crossover of fans.

Hellboy
Supremus Bastardus
Administrator
Metal God

Damn You All To Hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 11:16:52 AM »

Hey release, that sums it up pretty good for me too...  cheers
Once Show No Mercy turned me up to the dark side; there was no love lost on hair metal bands in my collection!  smoking
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 11:17:27 AM »

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.