September 21, 2018, 03:15:14 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Let's Go Caps!  (Read 674 times)
MetalShock
Metal King

There is only ONE Nation, the Raider Nation!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 10:02:07 PM »

Game 4 in the books. Caps up 3-1. Let's go to Vegas and bring the cup to DC.

SMOKED OUT
You will make it up to me, you will make amends.  We will not be family, and we can not be friends.
The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 11:56:56 AM »

I like the sound of that. The Caps need to finish this in Vegas & not give The Knights any glimmer of hope. Let's go Caps!

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 05:10:00 AM »

Man, that Game 5 was crazy-- balls to the wall action from end to end.  Reminded me how glad I am the NHL got rid of the two-line pass...

Glad to see Ovechkin and a couple UND players hoist the Cup, too.

Venom
MM Staff
Metal God

Maximus Supremus Postwhorus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 05:31:54 AM »

Congrats to the Caps on their first Stanley Cup win!

Welcome to My HELL
The Protagonist
Metal God

Metallus Maximus God # VII

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »

Omg this has been a crazy but satisfying ride! Every series on their way to the cup the team they were playing was favored, every game they came from behind to win. The knock on Ovechkin that he can't win the big one has evaporated not only did the team he captained win the cup but he also won the Conn Smythe trophy & I believe that he won that for the leadership he exhibited this entire season. A Season to remember. This run has been the best!

The white ship has sailed and left me here again Out in the mist, I was so near again
Sailing on the sea of dreams How far away it seems 
Sailing upon the white ship
Release
Metal God

Betallus Maximus Expertus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 07:18:27 PM »

I'm still in shock. I've been watching the Caps for about 18 years and had all but given up on them winning the Cup. Year after year of soul-crushing disappointment. Even this year, I only watched a handful of regular season games just to avoid the inevitable. I just couldn't put myself through it again. I always said the Caps would never win a Cup with Ovechkin. I said he never played defense, he stood in the same spot and waited for the puck, he wasn't a true leader, blah, blah, blah. I had no doubt he was a future Hall of Fame player (because he IS awesome) but he seemed more of an individual player rather than a team player. Well, I am SO happy to eat my words because he stepped up BIG TIME in the playoffs and became everything I had hoped he could be. The man delivered. It was an absolutely amazing performance from him and EVERYONE else on the team. Every player contributed to this and I am so happy that they finally did it! C A P S , Caps, Caps, Caps!!!
Klschmann
Metal God

Maidenus Beastus Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 09:57:52 AM »

It's been over a week now and I still kind of can't believe the Caps won the Cup.  lol

The last week has been incredible watching them party all over the city and just celebrate with an area so wanting of a sports team to not disappoint. 

I made it to the parade with my wife and mother on Tuesday and it was absolutely incredible.  All of it.

"We are not gonna be fucking suck this year, we are Stanley Cup Champions"  devilbang devilbang devilbang devilbang devilbang
zekeyou
Metal God

I love Geoff Tate's 1 inch vertical ability.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 09:56:51 AM »

"We are not gonna be fucking suck this year, we are Stanley Cup Champions"  devilbang devilbang devilbang devilbang devilbang

Right there with the Behind the Iron Curtain "God damn it's good".

MetalShock
Metal King

There is only ONE Nation, the Raider Nation!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2018, 05:04:27 PM »

Forgot to comment on this after that 5th and final game. Even though we took them out in 5, it was still a very exciting series. Super happy for all the Caps fans that have followed them throughout all those painful years. They've, or should I say the game of hockey has made a fan out of me once again. Super exciting game. Hopefully I will be able to find some time next season to watch some games and perhaps even catch a few Caps games live.

SMOKED OUT
You will make it up to me, you will make amends.  We will not be family, and we can not be friends.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.